Lots of our audience members come from far away. It can be a bit of a drive to come all the way from DC or Philly just to see a short play and have some fire circle time.
We’ve assembled a list of other things going on in the area during our productions, so you can plan a whole weekend of fun.
- American Shakespeare Center (Staunton) has The Complete Works of William Shakespeare (Abridged) running May 17 to June 4.
- Shenanarts (Staunton) has The Wonderettes running June 2-11
- Every Friday and Saturday, there’s free live music in the Quill Lounge at the Hotel Madison (Harrisonburg).
- Brothers Craft Brewing (Harrisonburg) hosts By the Fire live music on Fridays and bluegrass jams on Sundays.
- May 26:
- Kayleigh Matthews performs at White Oak Lavender Farm (Rockingham County)
- Dan Paisley and the Southern Grass are performing at Court Square Theater (Harrisonburg)
- May 27:
- Arts Incarnate (Harrisonburg) has their Flamenco and Wine event (honestly, worth it just to see their stained glass, by local genius Zac Nafziger)
- Don Strickely Trio performs at Clementine (Harrisonburg)
- May 28:
- Highwind, Zac Benson, and Ebony Nicole perform at Sagebird Ciderworks (Harrisonburg)
- June 9:
- The Wayne Theatre (Waynesboro) has their Rock the Block gala
- Annabeth McNamara is performing at Pale Fire (Harrisonburg)
Other fun things:
- Harrisonburg has a great farmers’ market every Saturday morning.
- The Green Valley Bookfair is an amazing place to find new books at low prices.
- So many great hikes! Here’s a good list from Walkabout Outfitter.
- Fantastic caverns, including Shenandoah, Grand, and Luray.
- American Celebration on Parade Museum – parade floats of yesteryear.
- Virginia Safari Park is a fun place where you can feed elks and things.
- Harmony Harvest Farm (Augusta County) has pick-your-own flowers.
- Valley League Baseball begins in June
- Virginia Quilt Museum (Harrisonburg)
- May 26:
- Meet the artist Kelli Hertzler at Joshua Wilton House
- May 27:
- ValleyFest (a beer and wine festival in Rockingham County)
- May 27-29:
- Frontier Culture Museum has a weekend of programming about revolutions and rebellions.
- June 10:
- Check out The Wonderettes at Shenanarts